Saturday, May 26, 2007

Making April

Alright people. You can't avoid it any longer. You must check out Making April.
They are awwwwwwesome!!

Alright, Making April consists of four guys.
Lead Vocalist, Piano -Sean
Guitar, Backup vocals - Steve
Bassist - Greg
Drummers - Tom

Now Sean, Steve, and Greg were all in a band when they were kids together called Fetus Something.
They met up in college, and after they were done seriously starting writing and composing music.
Tom was orginally just supposed to help them with recording, but got sucked in and is now an official band member.
I have seen them three times. They know me by name, and my mother, and boyfriend too. ^_^


This is them...in I forget where. But yeah. They are cool. I wish I had better footage of them singing, that I recorded myself.
I have tons of pictures of me and them though.
^_^



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"9.8.06
We have some awesome news! We signed a deal with Radtone Music in Japan and will be releasing a full length version of our original ep, "Runaway World." The full length will feature the original eight songs as well TWO NEW songs. The cd is scheduled to be released exclusively in Japan sometime in November, but we will also be placing it on U.S. iTunes as well. Be sure to check out the acoustic studio session we recently filmed of Roses and Butterflies which may accompany the Japan full length."

They are moderately popular in Japan, I think at least. They are in magazines and stuff. and yeah.

Tom playing with my baby ^_^
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Go to their page. Listen to their music. Rin will vouch for me on this when I say they are truly an amazing and talented band. ^_^
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

From left: Steve Greg Tom Sean
www.makingapril.com
www.myspace.com/makingapril
Go there. Listen. Now.
XD

PC

PC

<< Return to the Front Page

8 Comments:

At May 28, 2007 at 7:06 AM, Blogger Kami... said...

The Japanese also liked "Human Nature"... which is possibly one of the worst Boy Bands out there...
But it's a good lesson for Up and Coming bands.... If you're "White" you can't go wrong in Japan :P

 
At May 28, 2007 at 10:55 AM, Blogger PunkChick said...

-.- do you ever have anything positive to say?

 
At May 28, 2007 at 10:58 AM, Blogger Pocky said...

Kami -_-;;;

 
At May 28, 2007 at 4:08 PM, Blogger Kami... said...

I meant what I said in a VERY Positive way for our Musical Ani-Pock members.
Any "Non-Japanese" musical talent, that finds it hard to break-out in the music industry of their country of origin may want to invest their time in the Japanese Market.

Fans of Mixed Martial Arts will be interested to hear that Bob "the Beast" Sapp has even landed his own music CD in Japan...
So if Bob can do it... You can too!

 
At May 28, 2007 at 5:15 PM, Blogger Kami... said...

Oh! I understand now...
PC is a fan of "Human Nature".
(Are they even still around?)
In that case, I apologize.
Everyone has their own tastes and opinions...

Considering during the mid - late 90's when "Boy Bands" seemed to be the Big Thing in North America, "Human Nature" wasn't able to make it in the American charts, yet when they went to Japan and signed with a Japanese Label (which I won't mention), there were many CM's pushing their sales...

You don't have to take my word for it... I'm sure those that used to watch Gundam X can vouche for the many CM's during that time slot.

 
At May 28, 2007 at 6:59 PM, Blogger PunkChick said...

I don't know who "Human Nature" is. But you are making my band's efforts seem like, just because they are white they were signed. I don't appreciate that. These guys are my friends, and they work their ass off making their music.
They're not a "boy band" They are just a band, that plays great music, and write their own lyrics, and puts alot of money into doing what they love.

 
At May 28, 2007 at 7:56 PM, Blogger Kami... said...

I'm just saying Japan likes to give people a chance that may not have the same chance in the competitive American Music Market.

You are the one that said "and if the japanese like em, what can possibly be the risk in at least trying them out ^_^" I don't doubt their efforts... perhaps you should direct this aggression of yours towards the American Markets?

Japan respects the efforts people make... There was an Irainan family that was illegal in Japan, but because the daughter made great efforts to get into school and got accepted, she was granted a stay.

You read negative things in everything I write... perhaps you should look at yourself and try to find the reasons for this.

 
At June 9, 2007 at 2:31 PM, Blogger Kami... said...

...For one who is a fan of history, you sure like to edit it...
That's ok... everyone else does too :)

 

Post a Comment

Lots more cool stuff here!! Continue browsing...

Archives: (Oldest) May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 October 2009 December 2009 January 2010 June 2010 July 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 February 2012 February 2013 March 2013 June 2013 July 2013 February 2014 February 2015 (Most Recent)