Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ani-Pock Proudly Presents: THE FIRST ANNUAL ANI-VERSARY AWARDS NIGHT

Hello, Pockers! And welcome to year number three of Ani-Pock!

I am pleased as pie to be a member of this unique and ever-changing community we call A-P!
A lot has happened in three years...
Why, Just this year, we saw the return of a lot of old members, the launch of new forums, three new blogs, a book talk, new A-P merchandise, and even a female version of Pocky!

While this has been a new and exciting year, we should take the time quickly and remember the people in the anime and Ani-Pock community who are no longer with us-
2007-8:
Kira-Neko
TeenLink
Ray Penbar
Raoh

A moment of silence for them...

And now on with the awards!

This year an overwhelming majority of you chose your favorite post as what would forever be an A-P classic! Your choice for Ani-Pock Post of the Year is:


2007 Was a year of great anime. This year delivered a lot of great new anime. Classics like Robotech and Gundam got new features, old favorites like Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni returned for another season, School Days had some NICE BOATS!, and autumn delivered a bevy of moe series!! Your choice for your Released Anime of 2007 is:


Leading up to the anniversary, we held a Name the Character Game. We didn't get a heckuva lot of response, but we did get a winner. And the winner of the Name the Character title is:

  • Uh... the envelope is stuck shut on this one... Check back later... ^_^;;

And finally, this year I picked someone who went above and beyond in supporting the site, aside from Pocky, of course. Our first winner for Pocker of the Year goes to:

  • Kami!

Since I revived Rin's wonderful Reveal Game again, he will advertise the week's contestant in the blog, every week, every contestant, without even being asked! He also looks through Mainichi News every day and pick out good articles for the site on the chat, even if no one is around to see them. He is a judicious mod, and an all around good guy. Post your acceptance speech below, Kami! ^_^


And, before we close, we have from our archives a pic of our Ani-Pock mascot (left), before teh infamous Wolfie! No doubt you saw our "Wan-kun Wolfie" on the splash screen when you came to the site, done by the talented Purly. Well here we have the original, by Kaoru. As well as Ogi's interpretation of the unwilling Wolfie cosplayer prototype (right)!
Gotta love 'em.

Happy birthday Ani-Pock! Three years and nearly 3 million visitors!
Stay tuned, we have a lot coming up this year too!

Be sure to check all of the blogs, each has a new post today!

<< Return to the Front Page

4 Comments:

At February 26, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Blogger Kami... said...

Speech huh?
Before I get to that... I should be honest...

When Hego's Site with Nanaca Crash (I think it was an old Excite thingy) was beaten on on the search by Pocky's site... I came over...

Although, with the C-Box, I didn't really enjoy my time... I couldn't sign in using Kanji or Hiragana, and used to use names like "Pencil" or "Panasonic" or other various things around me... and that was to tell people to watch their language :P

I got tired of the Potty mouths, STOLE Nanaca Crash and left!
Earliest Screen shot is March 12/05.

It wasn't until Gabbly, drawboard and the other flash things appeared did I return... I really enjoyed the Blog-Spot... it was my home page for a long while :)

I mostly sat around, chatted and gave advise where I could... as selfish as it might sound, it wasn't till my "homeless" period, did Ani-Pock start to feel like a home to me... like part of an Extended Family...

I don't think I'm deserving, but thanks for the honour and many thanks to people here for being like a family to me :)

Thanks to 由一 for showing me Hego's site and thanks to Ani-Pock for showing me the ways of YouTube and Google video :P

 
At February 26, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Blogger Kami... said...

May I suggest a vote for next time?
There are many who have contributed a lot... through blogs, art, helping out...

My contributions seem... rather pale compared to many others.

Just a suggestion.

 
At February 26, 2008 at 7:34 PM, Blogger Pocky said...

Great post Kip! Thank you for all you've done for Ani-Pock.

 
At February 27, 2008 at 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Pocky.

Without Ani-Pock the only other website I'd visit every living day is Google...
XD

I think you said it when you said you didn't expect to develop a website like this, but you've put a lot of hard work into making a great site!

Happy happy B-day!!!

 

Post a Comment

Lots more cool stuff here!! Continue browsing...

Archives: (Oldest) May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 October 2009 December 2009 January 2010 June 2010 July 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 February 2012 February 2013 March 2013 June 2013 July 2013 February 2014 February 2015 (Most Recent)