Saturday, September 8, 2007

Bye


Well everybody, I'm sorry to say it's time to disappear in a way. I've been here for a long time, but it seems so short in the long run. I plan to pop in every once in a while but it'll be few and far between. If you want to contact me I'm at kat_kiraforever@yahoo.com or sometimes I may be on the chat thing. Anyway, mostly I'm saying this to sever some ties. I'd love to be remembered as veteran pocker but I was not even close to being in the original 50. I never really contributed anything good to ani-pock in my knowledge. Never really helped anyone with my advice or something. Looking back I wish I had done more. In fact, my best surviving legacy is my biggest failiure here on a-p. This is the main thing I have to kill. The ani-dub, as it was called, did not ever bear fruit. I wish I could have seen it through but I guess not. Too many people have left, too many have joined. Amidst this chaos I sit, I watch, I remember. A time long past where it was simple. Where there were fewer pockers to remember. Where someone was a friend or an enemy, never just a wandering nobody. I miss the pond, I miss the cabins, I miss the little sign welcoming newcomers to a small little town with a population of twenty. Of those twenty, only a few remain as they were on the list. A few may have changed their name, but in the years that I've known them, we all have grown a little more mature, a little more adult, and drifted a little more apart. So I say good bye to the pockyworld I once knew, to the friends I once had. Life is more complicated than it was and I'll have to take it in stride. Maybe someday I can return to the tree on which I spent so many hours talking with my old friends, but for now, I will live in this new ani-pock. I will meet new people and friends, and I will stake claim to a new sapling for my support.

<< Return to the Front Page

2 Comments:

At September 8, 2007 at 2:24 PM, Blogger Pocky said...

Kami... said...

We finally get a good post from Kira and it's in the wrong place :P
Oh well... something else to add to her resume.

 
At September 8, 2007 at 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bit dramatic aren't we? I mean, a headstone?

Well, it caught my attention anyway, but I hope I won't have to see one on here again unless we are honoring one of our own.

Sorry to hear that you are leaving. These posts as of late seem to be full of reminiscing the A-P of old.

Too bad about the ani-dub. I was looking forward to that, but, alas, it fell the same way a lot of things do here, into the corner of our lives where we push things when life gets shifted into third gear.

I don't know if you are reading this or if ever, but I hope to see you around again, A-P friend.

 

Post a Comment

Lots more cool stuff here!! Continue browsing...

Archives: (Oldest) May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 October 2009 December 2009 January 2010 June 2010 July 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 February 2012 February 2013 March 2013 June 2013 July 2013 February 2014 February 2015 (Most Recent)